Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Mornings

In some parts of the globe, it's still a Saturday. Where I am writing from, we are 8 to 12 hours ahead of US Time. I just got home from Saturday's work and I'm curled up on the couch watching National Geographic. Years ago, Saturday nights only mean one thing - staying up late. And Sunday Mornings are only described in one word - Lazy.



Nowadays, it is totally different. While most people get together to celebrate the weekend, I work. For more than a year now, sleeping in on Sundays would mean skipping a meal and heading to work hungry. Not that I don't get my share of lazy days, I do. Thursday is my sleep-in day. But there's really something different about Sundays. People are more festive, kids are outside playing, and yet the mood is quiet, more serene.


Hopefully, when the new schedule is announced next month, I get a Sunday off. I miss Lazy Sunday Mornings.


Photo Credits: Holiday Inn; Desktop Nexus

No comments: